Aiken Promotions urge vigilance when booking online
Aiken Promotions have been made aware of numerous customers duped into buying fraudulent tickets and non-existent shows from secondary sites and advise ticket purchasers to be vigilant when booking online during this busy festive season.
Here are a few steps to follow:
- Please check that you are purchasing only from the official ticket seller – Ticketmaster
- Customers when searching online for show tickets should be aware that the first option from search engines is unlikely to be an official ticketing website.
- Tickets are offered on secondary sites at highly inflated prices.
- Secondary sites are advising people that shows are sold out when tickets are readily available through Ticketmaster.
- Secondary ticket seller Viagogo can at times offer tickets to a non-existent show on their website. For example, tickets are being listed for sale on Viagogo for Grant Lee Phillips on 31 March 2018 at Whelans. This show does not exist, there is no such date in place for Grant Lee Phillips at Whelans.
In recent months Aiken Promotions have seen a growing number of disappointed fans arriving at shows who have purchased via secondary ticketing sites being refused entry as their purchases were fraudulent, tickets were not valid for entry, or non-delivery of tickets. In most cases there were tickets available for sale at all times via Ticketmaster.